Product Name: Disc pelletizer / Pan granulator
Designed Capacity: 6 ~ 80 TPH
Condition: Brand new
Application: Cement clinker, chemical fertilizer, iron ore, slag, and other dry powder materials.
AGICO provides with clients highly customizable disc pelletizers to meet their business purposes. In decades of disc granulators manufacturing process, AGICO continues to accumulate experience and study advanced international technology to improve and enhance its disc pelletizers. At present, our pan granulators have been purchased by clients at home and abroad and are used in cement production, chemical fertilizer production, steel making, mining, and other industries.
Disc pelletizers (or pan granulators) are industrial machines that agglomerate powder materials and form them into uniform round pellets. The application of disc pelletizers includes: raw meal pelletizing before clinker calcination in vertical kiln cement plants, slag pelletizing before steel making in steel plants, chemical fertilizer pelletizing in chemical fertilizer plants, etc.
Disc Pelletizer Product Features
AGICO disc pelletizers are finely manufactured and have following features:
- Light-weighted, very flexible to assemble and adjust;
- Made with high-strength stainless steel, stable performance and long service life guaranteed;
- Disc angle is easy to adjust with the handwheel;
- Low abrasive wear with expanded metal lining on pelletizing discs;
- The matching surface of supporting bearing is processed on the boring and milling machine at one time to ensure higher assembly accuracy and more stable operation;
- The plow assembly and the disc fit perfectly to control the material layer and improve the qualified pellets rate to 90%.
AGICO supplies various models of disc pelletizers to cover clients’ needs. There is also a customization service available if standard models could not satisfy your production requirements.
|Type||Disc Diameter||Design capacity (t/h)||Rotation Speed (r/m)||Disc Height (mm)||Inclination||Nozzle Number|
|QPY28||φ2.8m||14||12.5||350 – 600||45°- 55°||3|
|QPY32||φ3.2m||14-18||13||400 – 650||45°- 55°||3|
|QP40||φ4m||25-28||9||450 – 750||45°- 55°||3|
Model QPY series disc pelletizers have the pre-moisten function, which is specially designed for medium and mini cement plants. These pan granulators help improve the quality of clinker produced by mechanical vertical kilns.
Structure of Disc Pelletizers
A disc pelletizer mainly concludes following parts:
- The main body of the pelletizer, including support frames, the pelletizing disc, the plow assembly, and the controlling assembly;
- A reducer with a pulley attached on its input shaft and a pinion attached on its output shaft;
- A motor equipped with a pulley;
- The support assembly of the disc pelletizer, including the main shaft, two sets of roller bearings, and two bearing seats;
- Auxiliary parts: V-belts, anchor bolts.
Disc Pelletizer Working Principle
The powder material is pre-moistened to form round pellet cores with uniform particle size and sent to the disc pelletizer for granulation. On the pelletizing disc, the round cores are subjected to centrifugal force, friction force, and gravity, and moves around the disc.
Because of the existence of adhesion and plasticity in the material, the pellet cores are bound to each other and grow bigger gradually during the process.
When the inclination angle, edge height, and rotation speed of the disc are constant, the pellets with different diameters will roll down from the disc edge according to different separation angles due to different forces of gravity.
During the continuous rolling process, the water in the pellets is continuously discharged from the surface and evaporates, and thus the pellets become dry and hard. Finally, pellets are discharged from the edge of the disc.