Vertical roller mills (VRM) are a type of mainstream clinker grinding equipment in the cement manufacturing process. Vertical roller mills are still newish cement mills since their history in cement production is no more than 20 years, but they have already become the standard cement equipment in many regions and are getting more and more popular among cement producers.
The main component parts of a vertical roller mill (VRM) include a driving motor, a separator, a hydraulic pressure system, a swinging arm, a grinding table, and several rollers.
Vertical Roller Mill Features
- Due to the high air velocity and the heat transfer rate of airflows at the air duct ring, small particles in the material can be dried instantly.
- The vertical roller mill itself is equipped with a powder concentrator, which can remove fine powder in time, reduce the phenomenon of over-grinding and improve the grinding efficiency.
- The vertical roller mill is less power consuming. The energy consumption of a vertical roller mill is around 75% of that of a ball mill of the same capacity.
- Vertical roller mills can be transported in parts and constructed onsite, avoiding difficult logistical issues and associated costs.
- The fineness of product cement can be adjusted easily with the vertical roller mill.
- The parts of the vertical roller mill have low wear rate.
- Vertical roller mills generate less noise than ball mills.
- Vertical roller mills usually have small floor area and building space.
Vertical Roller Mill Working Principle
When the vertical mill works, the motor drives the grinding disc to rotate, and the grinding roller rotates around the grinding roller shaft driven by the disc. The material entering from the feeding port falls in the center of the grinding disc and moves towards its edge under the action of centrifugal force.
When the material passes through the grinding track, it is meshed between the roller and the disc and crushed by them. After grinding, the material continues to move towards the edge of the disc until it overflows. An air duct ring is installed around the grinding disc, from which the hot air flows out at high speed from bottom to top, and carries the spilled materials.
The material with large particles will fall back to the grinding disc, and the material with small particles will be brought into the powder concentrator for coarse and fine classification. The coarse powder falls back to the grinding disc for regrinding, and the fine powder meeting the requirements is sent out as the finished product, which is collected by the dust collector at the upper outlet along with the airflow.
Vertical Roller Mill Specifications
|Model||Grinding disc diameter(mm)||Roller diameter(mm)||Feeding size(mm)||Production capacity(t/h)||Main motor power(Kw)||Disc rotation speed (r/min)||Weight (t)|
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for a quote if you are interested in the cement grinding business! Questions and suggestions are also welcome!